Site Managers meeting 2nd April, 2019
An invitation to all Ealing Allotment Site Managers, 7pm 2nd April, 2019 at Perceval House, Ealing Broadway.
- Non-cultivation procedure
- Maintenance and Repair list for winter work by LBE
- Rubbish Clearance
- Rent collection
- Ealing in Bloom status
- SINC, what are they and how they affect allotments
- Colony technical, usage update and training
- Can we get away from using Microsoft Windows and Internet Explorer yet?
- Reminder Allotment Rules were revised and published September, 2018
- Bonfires, recent issues and complaints
- Composting Toilets, update (EAP)
- Rental and maintenance of raised beds guidelines (EAP)
- Call for EAP committee members (EAP)
- Contacting site managers (EAP)
- Make sure your contact details (phone and email, if any) are correctly recorded by
- Council and EAP
Note to all:
- Actions from last minutes is covered under agenda items and not listed as separate item.
- Agenda items may be revised or dropped on the day
- For information previous minutes (September 2018) are linked Notes from previous meetings
Site Managers meetings notes
Notes from meetings of site managers and Ealing Council allotment managers.
Meetings are arranged by EAP and Ealing Council for site managers and Council allotments managers to meet twice annually for exchange information, discuss current issues, gather opinion.
Raised Beds for Rent
We are all familiar with the idea of using raised beds as a convenient means of dividing up a plot or sectioning off part of it for the growth of a particular crop. However, a rather different aspect of their use came up at a meeting of Ealing Allotment Site Managers. Namely, whether or not allotment sites/local allotment societies should get involved in constructing and renting out individual raised beds for general purpose use and if so, how this should be handled.
We have compiled an article of ideas and suggestions on the pros and cons of various aspects of this question. Our intention is to provide ideas, not to be prescriptive or definitive.
Advice on rent to be charged is included in "What, where, why and rules", and should be confirmed with the Council for your particular circumstance and site.
The content will be revised as and when needed.
Page 1 of 2